The Staff Accountant will be primarily responsible for carrying out the day-to-day accounting function for Hero K12, located in our Miami Lakes office.
Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform daily accounting functions such as collections, accounts receivable and accounts payable; ensure accounts payable are processed in a timely manner and accounts receivables are collected promptly
• Review and analyze expense reports to ensure compliance with company policies
• Reconcile bank statements and credit card statements
• Update and reconcile fixed assets and associated depreciation schedules
• Prepare and record journal entries
• Analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• 2+ years progressive accounting experience
• Full cycle accounting experience a definite plus
• Solid understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite, especially Excel
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Quick learner
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and team player
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Experience with Exact Macola a plus
Direct hire only.
How to Apply
Include a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Staff Accountant-Hero K12” in the subject line.
Education/K12 Software Solution Sales - TEXAS
We are looking for the future of the sales profession. A sales person who believes they can help customers solve every day problems while being a trusted adviser. You sell because you care and you care because you are first and foremost concerned with creating mutually beneficial relationships that last over the years, not just till the deal is closed.
You know how to prospect and open new opportunities. This is a sales position heavily focused on acquiring new customers. If you know what we are talking about, keep reading.
We’re looking for hybrid sales professionals. You’re one-part sales guru and one-part techie who can navigate browser and mobile applications while talking about AWS infrastructure. SFTP? You eat those for breakfast.
Our customers buy from us because we are their trusted advisers. We sell based on the customer’s needs, not what we think is cool. Our customers don’t respond well to overly aggressive sales tactics – which have never worked. Price sellers, professional visitors and feature dumpers need not apply. We’re looking for resourceful experts, loyal champions and of course, trusted advisers.
Oh, and having fun at work is a priority to you.
Fit the mold and up for the challenge? We hope so!
At Hero, we recognize greatness in every student.
Our goal is to be an integral element of every school and to have a profound, positive impact on the social development of every student in grades K-12. Our product, Hero, gives schools and districts the tools to dramatically improve processing time of assigning rewards and consequences based on students behavior at or around school. Our product keeps students on track, and saves teachers, administrators, and districts valuable time.
We work with schools and districts in nearly all 50 states and have 9 regional offices including our headquarters in sunny Miami, Florida.
Hero’s Regional Sales Representatives are responsible for customer success while developing and closing new HERO customers in a multi-state territory.
• Candidates should be comfortable managing the entire sales process for Hero’s student behavior management solution, HERO, to secondary schools in the K12 market.
• Build long term relationships by being a trusted adviser to new customers. The sales process includes initial outreach, running discovery meetings, needs based presentations, closing, and managing them as a customer for life.
• Identify and qualify prospects by telephone, cold call, premise visits, and networking. This includes creating sales opportunities by diligently prospecting into target accounts and effectively following up on marketing generated sales leads.
• Must be organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-up skills.
• Basic computer knowledge required. Ability to multi-task with several tools, work independently and prioritize tasks, honor rules of engagement and follow policies, processes and procedures.
• Maintain a pipeline of qualified prospects sufficient enough to meet quarterly/annual quota requirements.
• Expand relationships within territory by being a trusted adviser to the existing Hero customer base.
• Work closely with our internal teams to ensure we exceed customer expectations year after year.
• Empower ALL of our new and existing customers to be successful by leveraging the HERO solution.
• Manage a multi-state territory with up to 50% travel.
• Must live in TX, CO, KS, NM, OK or LA to be eligible for the position.
Relevant Experience & Skills:
• A minimum of 5 years of successfully exceeding quota in a B2B sales role; SAAS software sales experience is a plus.
• A history of exceeding new business acquisition targets while demonstrating ownership of all aspects of territory management.
• A history of consistent quota over-achievement in competitive markets.
• Ability to work in a fast-pace and evolving environment – think start-up atmosphere but with leading market share.
• Exceptional presentations skills to large groups.
• Proven ability to work in a remote, home-office environment.
• Four year university/college degree is required.
Key Interview Questions: (That’s right we are telling you them now)
• Why do you need to love what you do?
• What is your sales process and why do you use it?
• Who is your favorite customer and why?
• How can you prove to us that you are a professional sales person?
• Why will our team be more fun because you joined it?
Take the time to review what we do and see if it is a fit for you at our company site: herok12.com
How to Apply
Include a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com with “Regional Sales Representative” in the subject line.
You are eager to engage our K-12 technology teams and help them figure out how their Student Information System will integrate with Hero. You want to play a vital role in the onboarding process of new customers and are excited to help them launch Hero successfully. You are ready for a challenging, multi-faceted role where everyday presents the opportunity to do something a little different. You want to be part of an exciting and ever evolving team where everyone plays a key role in the success of our customers.
The SaaS Implementation Specialist (IS) plays a vital role in the onboarding of new schools. The IS will manage the relationship with the district/school IT dept. and will be responsible for gathering and managing all of the school data. The SaaS Implementation Specialist will also configure the Hero accounts for new customers based on a Scope of Work provided by the Project Manager. The position requires initiative and organization to ensure timely and accurate delivery and configuration of data to the Project Manager.
What you will do
• Creation of all new Hero accounts
• Extends Hero account upon customer renewal of the subscription
• Develop trusted adviser relationships with district or school level IT departments that will help manage and gather data necessary for Hero configuration
• Manages all data imports and confirms their accuracy
• Responsible for all back end configuration of Hero based on scope of work provided by the project managers
• Provides support for SSO (Single Sign On) connections with districts and partners
• Responsible for wiping Hero data for churned accounts
• Support the creation and publishing of self-guided walk-throughs using WalkMe
• Creates, reviews and tests documentation for validity
• Support and serve as liaison between VoIP provider and Hero
• Support and potentially own reporting of bugs and support related issues in JIRA
• Conducts research and evaluates new technology solutions that may help improve the product
• Assist with Year2+ schools’ relaunch data needs
• Responsible for Hero supplemental trainings – Events and Incident Manager
• BA/BS in computer science, programming, or a related field
• 2-5 years experience in computer programming, systems analysis, software engineering, and/or data administration
• Excellent communicator with the ability to relay technical data in laymen’s terms
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, IBM Visual Schema Generator, .NET, C++, Visual Basic, MS SQL, CRM, Synergy or similar ERP system
• Familiarity with Wordpress front and backend functionality. Experience managing security updates. Experience creating/editing Wordpress templates
About SaaS Implementation at Hero
The implementation team is a mix of highly professional individuals with diverse backgrounds who seek to work together to make the launch of our Hero SaaS solution seamless and successful for our customers.
How to Apply
Include a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SaaS Implementation Specialist-Hero K12” in the subject line.
Customer Success Team | Miami, FL
Hero K12 is a fast-growing K-12 educational technology company with solutions that are proven to have a positive impact on student behavior and overall school culture. We are searching for a dynamic and talented Customer Success Manager to join our growing Customer Success team. The position is based out of our Miami Lakes, Florida headquarters.
You are ready to excite and surprise our core K-12 Education customers with your understanding of their needs, product knowledge, and your passion to solve their problems every time. You are an account manager who believes they can help customers solve every day problems while being a trusted adviser. You are ready to be part of a growing and ever changing technology company. You want to work in a fast-paced tech company and relish the challenges that come with change driven by strategic growth. You want to work with our school customers because you care and you care because you are first and foremost concerned with creating mutually beneficial relationships that last over the years, and that success is defined by student achievement.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) will play an integral role in the deployment of our Hero SAAS solution to K-12 schools. Long term, the CSM will leverage their relationship as a trusted adviser to help facilitate the customer’s ongoing success and work to ensure continued overall satisfaction with the Hero solution.
What You Will Do
• Lead post-sales efforts in account management and customer success by becoming a Hero product expert, sharing best practices and reinforcing the value of Hero to customers
• Understand the customer’s needs, goals, success metrics and deployment plan
• Work closely with the Hero implementation team to train customers and promote product adoption
• Give strategic demonstrations and product overviews related to specific features or use cases that are relevant to the customer
• Develop trusted adviser relationships with customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
• Increase customer retention by conducting regular check-in calls, and perform quarterly health checks to identify and discuss trends and areas of strength and opportunities
• Manage school level and district level relationships over the phone, through email and in person
• Facilitate all account management issues, leveraging resources as need across the company to get the job done
• Daily record all customer interactions within the Hero K12 Synergy customer database
• Daily utilize Gainsight analytics service to proactively monitor customer adoption and usage activity
• Collaborate with sales, tech support, and marketing departments to maximize the customer’s overall Hero experience
• Work to ensure that the customer’s overall satisfaction and perceived value of Hero will lead to a subscription renewal year after year
• Act as the voice of the customer and bring intelligent product feedback and recommendations from customer back to product development, marketing and executive team
• This position is based out of our Miami office with approximately 25% travel (air and car) to visit North Florida schools
• K-12 classroom experience is a benefit, but not a requirement
• 3-5 years of experience in K-12 education, account management, consulting, sales, corporate training, or other client-relations role
• An exceptional communicator who is adaptable and possesses confident and articulate verbal skills, and active listening skills
• Demonstrated success in managing enterprise-wide deployment and training to groups, organizations, schools or districts
• Assertive but empathetic in nature; able to drive internal and external customers toward strategic goals through a combination of persuasion and rapport
• Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently and creatively
• Exceptional project management skills with multi-tasking abilities and organization skills
• Superior follow-through. Build trust and credibility with customers by consistently delivering answers and/or resources on-time
• Comfortable managing enterprise relationships over the phone, through email and in person
• Strong analytic and strategic thinking required – be able to take customer concerns and orchestrate resources and tactics to address them
• Ideally familiar with a CRM, Synergy or similar enterprise solution (ERP system)
• Ideally familiar with Gainsight, or similar customer success analytics service
• Preferably, having experience and/or the ability to comfortably discuss student behavior management methodologies and best practices to all levels of stakeholders within a school environment such as faculty, school leadership and district-level personnel.
• BS/BA with strong academic record
Competitive salary and bonuses, medical/dental/vision, and a great opportunity for personal and professional growth!
Hero K12 is the provider of Hero, a cloud-based behavior management solution for K-12 schools. Our mission is to help administrators and teachers have a profound and positive impact on every student. Hero software helps schools track all types of behavior and implement programs that shift the focus from punishing negative behavior to rewarding good conduct. Hero quickly identifies students in need of early intervention and allows teachers and administrators to get involved sooner to bring students back on track.
How to Apply
Include a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com with “CSM-Hero K12” in the subject line.
Superintendant, Duval County Public Schools
Principal, Samuel Wolfson High School
Principal, Hialeah Educational Academy
For over a decade our company has evolved and so has the world of education. EdTech companies are working with schools and districts nationwide to improve student outcomes at all levels. This evolution requires companies operating in this market to become more and more focused, nimble, and dedicated. When we launched the new Hero product in January 2014, we found the name resonated. Hero became far more than a product. Hero became what we live, every day. Our customers, partners, and everyone we’ve met along the way have responded so well to the Hero brand, it’s humbling. To support our commitment to our current and future customers, we are building a new organization to focus solely on K-12 education. Effective November 1, 2014, we are known simply as Hero K12. And we couldn’t be more excited for the future.
Something went wrong. Please try again!