At Hero, we recognize the greatness in every student.
Our goal is to be an integral element of every school and to have a profound, positive impact on the social development of every student in grades K-12. Our product, Hero, gives schools and districts the chance to dramatically improve their school climate by recognizing students for their actions, redirecting discipline, and communicating results to parents.
We work with schools and districts in nearly all 50 states and have 9 regional offices including our headquarters in sunny Miami, Florida.
Education/K12 Software Solution Sales
We are looking for the future of the sales profession. A sales person who believes they can help customers solve every day problems while being a trusted adviser. You’re one-part sales guru and one-part techie who can navigate browser and mobile applications while discussing AWS infrastructure. All while keeping your customer’s best interests in mind.
As a trusted advisor, you bring new and energetic ideas to the table. You are valuable because you share how to initiate change. You are passionate because you have seen the results. This is the type of sales professional our customers buy from.
As a Sales Development Representative you’ll have a chance to grow your sales career and learn the skills needed to be at the top of your profession. Your job will teach you how to be better at your craft and prepare you for a role as an Account Executive.
If you are up for the challenge, and want to have a bit of fun while doing it, come join the Hero team.
Hero’s Sales Development Representatives are the front line for bringing in new clients. You will grow your skills in prospecting, territory management, and how to manage a sales cycles while supporting the regional sales manager in your district.
• Set up qualified appointments for regional sales manager on both inbound and outbound interactions
• Be able to effectively handle a large volume of outbound calls and emails
• Work with regional sales manager to research and form targeted prospecting lists
• Attend virtual & onsite meetings with regional sales manager
• Interact with current customer base on new opportunities and customer care
• Generate and develop a pipeline for future business
• Achieve or exceed daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly goals
• As role and skills expands, begin leading sales calls, demos, and managing the sales cycle
• Create opportunities and log details in CRM
• Work closely with and support regional sales manager in achieving 100% of territory revenue goals
Relevant Experience & Skills:
• A minimum of 1 year sales or related experience- SDR experience a plus
• Outbound and inbound prospecting experience
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Comfortable working from home with a dedicated office space available
• Must be organized and detail-oriented with excellent follow-up
• Computer knowledge required. Ability to multi-task with several tools, work independently and prioritize tasks, honor rules of engagement and follow policies, processes and procedures
• Naturally goal oriented and competitive
• Comfortable on the phone- being both confident and a friendly presence
• Interested in Technology and a career in Sales
• College degree from accredited university
Key Interview Questions (That's right, we are telling you them now)
• Why do you need to love what you do?
• What is your sales process and why do you use it?
• Who is your favorite customer and why?
• How can you prove to us that you are a professional sales person?
• Why will our team be more fun because you joined it?
The ideal candidate will work from their home office in the greater Los Angeles area.
Take the time to review what we do and see if it is a fit for you at our company site: herok12.com
How to Apply
Include a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com with “Sales Development Representative-Hero K12” in the subject line.
You are eager to engage our K-12 technology teams and help them figure out how their Student Information System will integrate with Hero. You want to play a vital role in the onboarding process of new customers and are excited to help them launch Hero successfully. You are ready for a challenging, multi-faceted role where everyday presents the opportunity to do something a little different. You want to be part of an exciting and ever evolving team where everyone plays a key role in the success of our customers.
The SaaS Implementation Specialist (IS) plays a vital role in the onboarding of new schools. The IS will manage the relationship with the district/school IT dept. and will be responsible for gathering and managing all of the school data. The SaaS Implementation Specialist will also configure the Hero accounts for new customers based on a Scope of Work provided by the Project Manager. The position requires initiative and organization to ensure timely and accurate delivery and configuration of data to the Project Manager.
What you will do
• Creation of all new Hero accounts
• Extends Hero account upon customer renewal of the subscription
• Develop trusted adviser relationships with district or school level IT departments that will help manage and gather data necessary for Hero configuration
• Manages all data imports and confirms their accuracy
• Responsible for all back end configuration of Hero based on scope of work provided by the project managers
• Provides support for SSO (Single Sign On) connections with districts and partners
• Responsible for wiping Hero data for churned accounts
• Support the creation and publishing of self-guided walk-throughs using WalkMe
• Creates, reviews and tests documentation for validity
• Support and serve as liaison between VoIP provider and Hero
• Support and potentially own reporting of bugs and support related issues in JIRA
• Conducts research and evaluates new technology solutions that may help improve the product
• Assist with Year2+ schools’ relaunch data needs
• Responsible for Hero supplemental trainings – Events and Incident Manager
• BA/BS in computer science, programming, or a related field
• 2-5 years experience in computer programming, systems analysis, software engineering, and/or data administration
• Excellent communicator with the ability to relay technical data in laymen’s terms
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, IBM Visual Schema Generator, .NET, C++, Visual Basic, MS SQL, CRM, Synergy or similar ERP system
• Familiarity with Wordpress front and backend functionality. Experience managing security updates. Experience creating/editing Wordpress templates
About SaaS Implementation at Hero
The implementation team is a mix of highly professional individuals with diverse backgrounds who seek to work together to make the launch of our Hero SaaS solution seamless and successful for our customers.
How to Apply
Include a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SaaS Implementation Specialist-Hero K12” in the subject line.
HERO MARKETING TEAM | Miami Lakes, FL (preferred)
We're building a customer-centric company. You are a marketer who is a champion for customers. You believe marketing automation has come a long way since batch and blast, spray and pray, or whatever it used to be. You gravitate to marketing folks who let you geek out about behavioral data & multi-touch attribution. You are authentic. You believe that relationships of all sorts are built through many lightweight interactions over time. If this sounds like you, we need to talk. We are looking for a talented and driven B2B marketer to own demand generation and customer acquisition. At Hero, marketing is not a cost center, we are a quota-carrying revenue generation team. You will play an integral role on this team.
20% research & strategy, 20% database analysis, 20% program setup and testing, 20% hands-on program analytics, 10% writing, 10% creative
The Marketing Operations Manager serves as the company’s subject matter expert for all aspects of demand generation. You are responsible for maintaining and growing the company’s marketing automation programs. You will have a handle and input on the best tactics for every stage of our customers’ journey. You develop marketing activities that boost lead acquisition rates, funnel movement and enhance exposure within regional markets to support sales objectives.
You are a metrics-oriented “numbers” person with the ability to measure and track all marketing activity over time, break down complex programs and translate marketing analytics into actionable data. You can recognize trends and develop a proven process for future program iterations. You are able to report findings to coworkers and management in a way that allows them to understand what worked and why.
You can demonstrate your skills and tell us your story through your past work and campaign examples that you had a significant hand in deploying and measuring.
• Subject matter expert for marketing automation, demand generation, inbound, email and database marketing strategy.
• Responsible for marketing programs that span every stage of the customers journey.
• Provide strategic guidance, hands-on implementation, and reporting on the ROI of all marketing programs.
• Manage all databases associated with marketing which include: Marketo, Agile, Hero Product, Gainsight, Influitive and CRM (Synergy). This includes maintenance of existing data connections, and development of new ones where possible and appropriate.
• Manages and owns logic for lead scoring, nurturing, onboarding, and all marketing automation activities.
• Maintains monthly and quarterly metrics dashboard for all lead generation programs.
• Participates and helps develop KPI metrics for marketing, reported to leadership.
• Develops methods for tracking new opportunities created, conversion rates, and ROI for each marketing activity.
• Liaison for marketing department to sales, operations, and support.
• Develops program documentation to train sales that articulate details such as program objectives, target audience, key message, program sequencing, metrics and program details.
A week in the life of our Marketing Operations Manager
• Marketo Program Operations – maintain all aspects of program development, list management, opt-in/out, database performance, and analytics for this lifeblood tool.
• List maintenance – monthly imports of Agile data. In addition, merging agile data with CRM data to maintain an active list of Hero customers, and Hero champions, using customer ID and Agile ID as key values.
• Manage ongoing pay-per-click programming on Google AdWords.
• Manage ongoing SEO performance using MOZ.
• Assist with execution and coding of marketing website which could include: structural page layout, blog posts, customer stories, special landing pages, special tools and calculators.
• Maintain marketing website version control through our server based staging solution.
• Implement all click funnel and demand gen tactics on Hero marketing website.
• Maintain all logic and responsibility for form routing and sales team notifications for all marketing generated opportunities.
• Appropriately tag all programs for the purpose of behavioral analysis and multi-touch lead attribution.
• Reviews and tunes lead scoring engine in Marketo.
• Analyzes opportunity-close ratios, and tracks all marketing generated revenue.
• CRM reporting and data mining as needed.
Your hand in guiding strategy
• Assists with developing Marketing KPI dashboards for monthly, quarterly and annual review.
• Develops conversion metrics and key department mathematics to determine marketing’s contribution to sales revenue.
• 5-7 years in a similar role in corporate marketing, direct response marketing, app marketing, BtoB Software, SaaS company, or advertising agency work experience.
• An expert in your craft with a desire to continue learning, and pride in getting things done.
• A passion for customers and the ability to understand their journey and experience.
• Hands on experience with Marketo preferred (Hubspot, Eloqua, ActOn, Pardot also applicable).
• The only thing that motivates you more than an increase in ROI is creating the report that clearly proves what actions moved the needle.
• You have an analytical mindset. Decisions are easy for you because you test the options and let the numbers decide.
• Can honestly juggle multiple, very different tasks – sales call today, on-boarding handoff tomorrow, event promotion brainstorm the next day, reaction to Hero customer surveys the next, etc.
• Ability to represent marketing in cross-department situations.
• Hands-on experience implementing and optimizing SEM campaigns.
• Experience with advanced-level analytics. Ideally Google Analytics certified.
• Technically proficient with data collection methods, analytics tools and building reports.
• Experience with campaign testing and long-term ROI analysis.
• Experience with web campaigns and landing page strategy and optimization.
• Self-motivated with the ability to take direction and work collaboratively or independently when necessary.
• Desire to help create something big.
• People that have worked with you will attest to the above
Some things we might ask you in the interview
• Based on your research, tell me what Hero does for schools.
• What would make your next job the best job you’ve ever had?
• Show me examples of your work developing marketing programming that was successful. Why did it work?
• Tell me about a time you felt company leadership was wrong. What did you do?
• What movie, no matter how many times you’ve seen it, do you have to watch when it’s on?
• What’s the best feedback you’ve ever received? What did you do with it?
• What are you working on improving about yourself, or learning right now?
• BA/BS degree in Marketing or equivalent discipline
How to Apply
Email relevant examples of current or past work that you are proud of, along with your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com with "Marketing Operations Manager" in the subject line. Submissions without cover letters will be dismissed.
About Marketing at Hero
The marketing team at Hero has been recognized as one of the most innovative teams in the country. We use state of the art tools, and employ an incredibly modern approach to the craft of Marketing. Our team is a mix of writers, designers, illustrators, storytellers, and creative technologists who work in collaboration to develop the voice of our brand. Marketing influences all departments in the organization in order to create a consistent message to our current and future customers.
Customer Success Team | Miami, FL
Hero K12 is a fast-growing K-12 educational technology company with solutions that are proven to have a positive impact on student behavior and overall school culture. We are searching for a dynamic and talented Customer Success Manager to join our growing Customer Success team. The position is based out of our Miami Lakes, Florida headquarters.
You are ready to excite and surprise our core K-12 Education customers with your understanding of their needs, product knowledge, and your passion to solve their problems every time. You are an account manager who believes they can help customers solve every day problems while being a trusted adviser. You are ready to be part of a growing and ever changing technology company. You want to work in a fast-paced tech company and relish the challenges that come with change driven by strategic growth. You want to work with our school customers because you care and you care because you are first and foremost concerned with creating mutually beneficial relationships that last over the years, and that success is defined by student achievement.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) will play an integral role in the deployment of our Hero SAAS solution to K-12 schools. Long term, the CSM will leverage their relationship as a trusted adviser to help facilitate the customer’s ongoing success and work to ensure continued overall satisfaction with the Hero solution.
What You Will Do
• Lead post-sales efforts in account management and customer success by becoming a Hero product expert, sharing best practices and reinforcing the value of Hero to customers
• Understand the customer’s needs, goals, success metrics and deployment plan
• Work closely with the Hero implementation team to train customers and promote product adoption
• Give strategic demonstrations and product overviews related to specific features or use cases that are relevant to the customer
• Develop trusted adviser relationships with customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
• Increase customer retention by conducting regular check-in calls, and perform quarterly health checks to identify and discuss trends and areas of strength and opportunities
• Manage school level and district level relationships over the phone, through email and in person
• Facilitate all account management issues, leveraging resources as need across the company to get the job done
• Daily record all customer interactions within the Hero K12 Synergy customer database
• Daily utilize Gainsight analytics service to proactively monitor customer adoption and usage activity
• Collaborate with sales, tech support, and marketing departments to maximize the customer’s overall Hero experience
• Work to ensure that the customer’s overall satisfaction and perceived value of Hero will lead to a subscription renewal year after year
• Act as the voice of the customer and bring intelligent product feedback and recommendations from customer back to product development, marketing and executive team
• This position is based out of our Miami office with approximately 25% travel to local schools
• K-12 classroom experience is a benefit, but not a requirement
• 3-5 years of experience in K-12 education, account management, consulting, sales, corporate training, or other client-relations role
• An exceptional communicator who is adaptable and possesses confident and articulate verbal skills, and active listening skills
• Demonstrated success in managing enterprise-wide deployment and training to groups, organizations, schools or districts
• Assertive but empathetic in nature; able to drive internal and external customers toward strategic goals through a combination of persuasion and rapport
• Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently and creatively
• Exceptional project management skills with multi-tasking abilities and organization skills
• Superior follow-through. Build trust and credibility with customers by consistently delivering answers and/or resources on-time
• Comfortable managing enterprise relationships over the phone, through email and in person
• Strong analytic and strategic thinking required – be able to take customer concerns and orchestrate resources and tactics to address them
• Ideally familiar with a CRM, Synergy or similar enterprise solution (ERP system)
• Ideally familiar with Gainsight, or similar customer success analytics service
• Preferably, having experience and/or the ability to comfortably discuss student behavior management methodologies and best practices to all levels of stakeholders within a school environment such as faculty, school leadership and district-level personnel.
• BS/BA with strong academic record
Competitive salary and bonuses, medical/dental/vision, and a great opportunity for personal and professional growth!
Hero K12 is the provider of Hero, a cloud-based behavior management solution for K-12 schools. Our mission is to help administrators and teachers have a profound and positive impact on every student. Hero software helps schools track all types of behavior and implement programs that shift the focus from punishing negative behavior to rewarding good conduct. Hero quickly identifies students in need of early intervention and allows teachers and administrators to get involved sooner to bring students back on track.
How to Apply
Include a cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “CSM-Hero K12” in the subject line.
Superintendant, Duval County Public Schools
Principal, Samuel Wolfson High School
Principal, Hialeah Educational Academy
For over a decade our company has evolved and so has the world of education. EdTech companies are working with schools and districts nationwide to improve student outcomes at all levels. This evolution requires companies operating in this market to become more and more focused, nimble, and dedicated. When we launched the new Hero product in January 2014, we found the name resonated. Hero became far more than a product. Hero became what we live, every day. Our customers, partners, and everyone we’ve met along the way have responded so well to the Hero brand, it’s humbling. To support our commitment to our current and future customers, we are building a new organization to focus solely on K-12 education. Effective November 1, 2014, we are known simply as Hero K12. And we couldn’t be more excited for the future.
Something went wrong. Please try again!